New Home Warranty or 11th-Month Home Inspection
As home inspectors in San Antonio, we recognize that not every home-buyer will purchase a home inspection for their newly built San Antonio home. All these closing costs add up, and new home-buyers, who are often first-time home buyers, don’t always see the immediate value of a home inspection, especially on a brand new house!
Because of this, we at Ensure Home Inspection offer the New Home Warranty Inspection to ensure that our clients who recently purchased a new home in San Antonio can make sure any structural defects present within their home are fixed before their home warranty expires!
What is an 11th-Month Home Inspection?
In short: A home inspection to address the flaws found in new homes. In a perfect world, buying a new home in San Antonio would mean the homeowner wouldn’t have to worry about expensive problems or repairs with their home for the next decade. After all, the wear of nature and time on a homes components should be non-factors on such new materials.
Back in reality though, your home was built as fast as possible by a for-profit developer, using the lowest bidder for each trade, with the absolute cheapest materials possible, installed by absolute cheapest laborers the contractors could find. This is why the p-trap in under your sink already leaks, your new roof is missing shingles that were never installed, your concrete is cracking all over the place, and that one bedroom is way hotter than the others. Luckily for you, your builder provided you with a warranty, often lasting 12-months from the close date, where any issues with the home that come will be fixed on their dime.
Why Do I need an 11th-Month Home Inspection?
The purpose of the Warranty Home Inspection: to inspect and detail any issues with the house so that you can make the builder fix their mistakes and avoid any costly repairs yourself. These inspections are typically preformed 4-6 weeks before the one-year anniversary of closing, hence the industry phrase “11th-month Inspection”. We prefer to preform the warranty inspection as early as possible so that any work or repairs preformed by the builder’s contractors can be respected before the warranty expires.
What Systems & Components Are Inspected?
In the state of Texas, all home inspections performed on a home the subject of a real estate transaction must follow the Texas Real Estate Commission’s Standards of Practice.
According to the TREC Standards of Practice, all the following systems and components that must be inspected are outlined:
- Foundation, Drainage Around Foundation (we go inside crawlspaces when possible)
- Roof Covering, Roof Structural Members
- Attic and Insulation (we enter the attic when possible)
- Interior & Exterior Surfaces (brick veneer, wood veneer, interior drywall and wall covering)
- Ceilings & Floors
- Interior & Exterior Doors
- Windows (screens, frames, glazing, locks and window operation)
- Fireplaces & Chimneys (we operate them when possible)
- Attached Decks and Porches
- Service Entrance & Grounding
- Panel Boxes & Sub-panel Boxes
- Circuit Breakers & Fuses (on very old homes)
- Branch Circuit Wiring
- Receptacles (outlets), including GFCIs/AFCIs
- Lights, Fans, Switches (including Doorbell)
Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning:
- Heating System (gas or electric)
- Cooling System (indoor & outdoor units)
- Ductwork, plenums & registers (including filters)
- Water Meter & Shutoff
- Exterior Hose Spigots
- Toilets, Faucets & Other Fixtures
- Drains, Waste & Vents
- Water Heaters (gas or electric)
- Gas Supply Systems (where accessible)
- Garbage Disposals
- Range Hoods (sometimes this is the Microwave)
- Range, Stove, Cooktops, Ovens
- Bathroom Exhaust Fans & Heaters
- Garage Door Openers
- Dryer Vents
Optional Systems Performed on Request:
- Sprinkler Systems
- Pools & Spas
- Detached Carports/Garages
- Detached Decks and Porches
- Septic Systems
- Well-Water Systems
Our San Antonio 11th-Month Inspections are preformed to the same rigorous and comprehensive standards of our buyer’s inspection, so that you will see your home through the eyes of a buyer once again and can make your case to the home builder to have the required fixes performed on their dime.
Hours of Operation
|Mon - Sat||8:00AM - 8:00PM|
|Sun||10:00AM - 4:00PM|
Home Inspector Kyle D. Scott
TREC # 23813 - TDA # 819063
Ensure Home Inspection San Antonio TX provides thorough inspections, detailed reports, and personalized consultations at affordable prices in San Antonio & surrounding areas. Home Inspector San Antonio providing WDI/Termite Inspections, Thermal Imaging, Pool / Spa Inspections, Foundation Elevation Survey and more!