Pre-Purchase Home Inspection (Real Estate Transaction Inspection)
(Please take the necessary time for you and your legal advisory to completely review and understand our Inspection Agreement as well as review our additional limitations and agreed departures before booking your inspection.)
Although we provide a number of different services ranging from termite inspections to drone photography, home inspections for home-buyers is still our bread-and-butter and what we do every day: Real estate transaction inspections make up approximately 90-percent of all of our business. Every time a home is bought in the San Antonio, TX area, we like to assume (hope, pray?) that the buyer had that home inspected by a licnesed inspector, even it if wasn’t us.
What is a Home Inspector?
If you were getting ready to spend what is for most of us several years of our wages (sometimes a decade or more of our income) on something, it isn’t reasonable to assume you may want the opinion of someone familiar with the inner workings of that something. Although your realtor / agent is certainly very familiar with the San Antonio real estate market and the process of a real estate transaction, it isn’t reasonable to assume that they also have the knowledge, education, certification and experience of someone to know the inner workings of how homes are constructed and the systems and components that make up the home. Furthermore, even if your realtor was someone that had those qualifications, it would be a conflict of interest to consult the same commisioned salesperson that has a vested-interest in the transaction proceeding regardless of the condition of the home to advise you on the condition of the home. If you ask a car salesman when the best time to buy a car is, they’re always going to tell you “right now!”.
This is the realm of the home inspector, a relatively young profession that most people do not realize existed until their realtor / agent tells them that they should hire one to check out the home they just contracted. The primary job of a home inspector is to provide the client with accurate information about the overall condition of a home so that they can better negotiate with the seller and, if necessary, walk away completely from a house that’s going to be more trouble than it is worth.
Our job is to not only make sure that your potential new home is safe, but to also thoroughly inspect for existing problems or conditions that can lead to both health and financial problems in the future. Items detailed in the report include major and minor deficiencies, major repairs required, immediate and potential safety concerns, along with buyer’s notes of possible issues to look out for. Using technology, education, and expertise, Ensure Home Inspection will provide you an accurate and useful inspection report, or “snapshot in time”, of the home.
Why Get a Home Inspected?
- Are you starting to wonder why that house is listed so cheap? Why has it been back on the market multiple times?
- Because you don’t want to buy somebody else’s problem. Home repairs are expensive and buying a bad house can be like buying a boat with a hole in it: you keep bucketing the water out as fast as you can, but more water keeps coming in.
- All homes have problems, even brand new ones. You want to be aware of those problems so that you know what you’re getting into. Some problems may be more than you want to take on. Other problems you’re willing to take on.
- Sellers have a lot of leverage currently. The inspection report is one of the few tools in your arsenal you can use to work with sellers in order to get repair concessions or closing credits. In a vast, vast majority of all real estate transactions, the home inspection report is going to pay for itself in concessions.
What Systems & Components Are Inspected?
In the state of Texas, all home inspections performed on a home the subject of a real estate transaction must follow the Texas Real Estate Commission’s Standards of Practice.
According to the TREC Standards of Practice, all the following systems and components that must be inspected are outlined:
- Foundations (Slab, Pier-and-Beam, Moble Home)
- Grading and Drainage
- Roof Covering Materials and Flashings
- Roof Structures, Attics and Insulation
- Interior & Exterior Windows, Walls and Doors
- Ceilings & Floors
- Stairways and Railings
- Fireplaces & Chimneys
- Attached Porches, Balconies, Carports and Decks
- Service Entrance & Grounding
- Panel Boxes & Sub-panel Boxes
- Circuit Breakers & Fuses (on very old homes)
- Branch Circuit Wiring
- Receptacles (outlets), GFCIs/AFCIs
- Lights, Fans, Switches, Doorbells
Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning:
- Heating System
- Cooling System
- Ductwork, plenums & registers
- Water Meter & Shutoff
- Hose Spigots
- Baths, Showers, Toilets, Faucets
- Drains, Waste Pipes & Vents
- Water Heaters
- Hydro-Massage Therapy Tubs (jet-tubs)
- Gas Supply Systems and Distribution
Appliances (that are present):
- Garbage Disposals
- Range Hoods
- Range, Stove, Cooktops, Ovens
- Bathroom Exhaust Fans & Heaters
- Garage Door Openers
- Dryer Vents
Optional Systems Performed on Request:
- Irrigation System & Sprinkler Inspections
- Pool Inspection and Spa Inspection
- Detached Carports/Garages
- Detached Decks and Porches
- Septic Systems
- Well-Water Systems
Other Inspection Services Performed on Request:
- Wood-Destroying Insect or Termite Inspection (TDA# 819063)
- Foundation Elevation Survey
- Infrared or Thermal Imaging
The typical home inspection performed by Ensure Home Inspections typically lasts about 3 to 3.5 hours, although several conditions can dramatically lenghthen the inspection. We encourage all homebuyers to be present at the end of the inspection, but it is not required if you cannot make the appointment or are out of town.
If you are present at the site of the home buyer’s inspection when we are finished, we like to go over our report in person and outline some of our key concerns for your home, although you and your realtor should be sure to review the report in full. You are welcome to ask us any questions and we will answer them to the best of our ability. If you aren’t able to make it to the site of the inspection, we can arrange to give you an verbal walk-through of the report over the phone. You will receive a full-color digital report from us emailed to you directly and your realtor if you wish no later than the next morning, but we typically email the report that evening in most instances. Please contact us with any questions or concerns you have about the report, and we’ll be happy to answer them for you.
We are determined to provide a standard of customer support and satisfaction that is unrivaled in the industry, before, during, and after the home buyer’s inspection and are happy to answer any questions you may have at any time.
Contact Your Home Inspectors
Info @ Ensure Inspections.com (remove the spaces)
Home Inspector Kyle D. Scott
TREC # 23813 - TDA # 819063
Ensure Home Inspections provides thorough inspections, detailed reports, and personalized consultations at affordable prices in San Antonio, TX & surrounding areas to Homebuyers, Homesellers, and their realtors. WDI/Termite Inspections, Thermal Imaging, Pool / Spa Inspections, Foundation Elevation Survey and more!
Hours of Operation
|Mon - Sat||8:00AM - 8:00PM|
|Sun||10:00AM - 4:00PM|
Looking for a Home Inspection or Termite Inspection? Areas We Serve:
San Antonio, New Braunfels, Boerne, Seguin, Schertz, Cibolo, Selma, Live Oak, Universal City, Helotes, Spring Branch, Converse, Kirby, Leon Valley, Alamo Heights, Castle Hills, Windcrest, Bulverde, China Grove, La Vernia, Shavano Park, Balcones Heights, Terrell Hills, Hollywood Park, Hill Country Village, Canyon Lake, San Marcos, Martinez, Timberwood Park, Northcliffe, Poteet, Pleasanton, Elmendorf, Castroville, Van Ormy, Macdona, Adkins, St. Hedwig, Grey Forest, Fair Oaks Ranch, New Berlin, Lacoste, Losoya, McQueeny, Leming, Calaveras, Floresville, Lytle. Bexar County, Comal County, Guadalupe County, Medina County, Attacosa County, Bandera County, Wilson County, Kendall County
Please review our Property Inspection Agreements before booking.