New Build or New Home Inspection
New Home Inspections in San Antonio account for between a half and a third of all home inspections performed by Ensure. We know that sounds like a lot, but the San Antonio metro area is growing like crazy; there just isn’t a whole lot of space left to build inside Loop 1604. Because of this, builders are rising up to meet the huge demand of affordable, new homes.
…And as Home Inspectors in the San Antonio area, we know that “affordable” is only achieved by cutting some corners or cutting out some features.
Why Should I Get a Brand-New Home Inspected?
You shouldn’t need to have a brand-new home inspected…but you do. If the builder really cared about producing a quality product, the home should be pristine, with everything installed properly and in place. But they don’t, they just want to sell houses as quickly as possible and move on to the next neighborhood, and everything isn’t always installed properly or even in present where it should be.
We don’t want to scare you, the house probably isn’t going to fall down. But tradesmen miss or forget things occasionally, and tradesmen really want to finish the job on Friday as quickly as possible. Local building officials can only devote so much attention to the dozen different houses they see every day. Why wait for these issues to present themselves after you move in? Why chance things not being discovered until after your home warranty expires?
The most common deficiencies we see from brand new homes include:
- Missing roof shingles or roof flashing in critical areas
- Siding that is improperly installed
- Insulation missing in attic spaces that would otherwise go unchecked
- Roof trusses cut, drilled, or otherwise modified
- Weather-proofing improperly installed or missing altogether
On New Build inspections, we take our already exhaustive standards of inspection one step higher: we believe that a new home should not just be “acceptable”, but perfect, and we’re holding the builder accountable for that. Our New Home inspections detail any cosmetic defects that we find with the home, such as hollow/loose tiles, missing caulking, areas that weren’t painted to complete coverage or not painted at all, etc.
What Systems & Components Are Inspected?
In the state of Texas, all home inspections performed on a home the subject of a real estate transaction must follow the Texas Real Estate Commission’s Standards of Practice.
According to the TREC Standards of Practice, all the following systems and components that must be inspected are outlined:
- Foundation, Drainage Around Foundation (we go inside crawlspaces when possible)
- Roof Covering, Roof Structural Members
- Attic and Insulation (we enter the attic when possible)
- Interior & Exterior Surfaces (brick veneer, wood veneer, interior drywall and wall covering)
- Ceilings & Floors
- Interior & Exterior Doors
- Windows (screens, frames, glazing, locks and window operation)
- Fireplaces & Chimneys (we operate them when possible)
- Attached Decks and Porches
- Service Entrance & Grounding
- Panel Boxes & Sub-panel Boxes
- Circuit Breakers & Fuses (on very old homes)
- Branch Circuit Wiring
- Receptacles (outlets), including GFCIs/AFCIs
- Lights, Fans, Switches (including Doorbell)
Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning:
- Heating System (gas or electric)
- Cooling System (indoor & outdoor units)
- Ductwork, plenums & registers (including filters)
- Water Meter & Shutoff
- Exterior Hose Spigots
- Toilets, Faucets & Other Fixtures
- Drains, Waste & Vents
- Water Heaters (gas or electric)
- Gas Supply Systems (where accessible)
- Garbage Disposals
- Range Hoods (sometimes this is the Microwave)
- Range, Stove, Cooktops, Ovens
- Bathroom Exhaust Fans & Heaters
- Garage Door Openers
- Dryer Vents
Optional Systems Performed on Request:
- Sprinkler Systems
- Pools & Spas
- Detached Carports/Garages
- Detached Decks and Porches
- Septic Systems
- Well-Water Systems
(Check out our other inspection services, like Thermal Imaging, Foundation Survey, WDI/Termite Inspections and More!)
Get Your New Home Inspected Before Closing!
Book an Inspection Online, By Phone, or Email
Ensure Home Inspections offers inspections services to fit a variety of consumer roles.
Contact Your Home Inspectors
Info at EnsureInspections.com
PO BOX 311571, New Braunfels, Texas, 78131
TREC # 23813 - TDA # 0819063
Ensure Home Inspections provides thorough inspections, detailed reports, and personalized consultations at affordable prices in San Antonio, TX & surrounding areas. We also offer WDI/Termite Inspections, Thermal Imaging, Drone Roof Inspections, Foundation Inspections, and more!
Hours of Operation
|Mon - Sat||8:00AM - 8:00PM|
|Sun||10:00AM - 4:00PM|